In order to deal with your request efficiently, please choose the area which your request relates to. Please refer to the filming approvals checklist below to complete the necessary paperwork required before any filming can take place.
Any urgent news filming requests which require a quick-turnaround, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on the nature of the query and activity within the centre at any given time, we will endeavour to allow access to the news crew to facilitate filming.
Drama/documentary/current affairs filming:
Please complete a general filming application form
If the filming request if for an advertisement or brand, then a location fee structure applies. Please complete a general filming application form and email it in the first instance to email@example.com.
Filming Approvals check-list
- An up-to-date Public Liability Insurance form to the value of at least £5 million will be required by anyone wishing to film within the centre, either during working hours or after the centre closes.
- A completed method statement and risk assessment form will be required in advance of any filming. This may be waived for urgent news filming requests in certain circumstances.
- A completed and signed filming location agreement form will required before filming can commence. This applies to any drama/documentary/current affairs/general human interest/popular culture programmes.
- If a TV company/programme makers require a signed location release form for any filming within The Friary, it is requested that the filmed clips are shown in advance so that this permission can be viewed in context and assessed accordingly.
Forms to complete:
- Method Statement.
- Risk assessment.
- General filming application form for drama/documentary/current affairs/commercial filming requests.
- Student filming application form.
Please note: If you are granted permission to film within Cwmbran Centre a confirmation email will be sent to you along with a filming agreement which you must also complete and return.
Any activity on the mall which involves a photographer will require prior approval from the marketing team and the security team will be notified of the details. Please see photography check-list below for further requirements.
Any in-store photography requests or retail shop-front requests, Cwmbran Centre cannot approve. Approval needs to come direct from the individual store and this is something the enquirer will have to take responsibility for.
Regular photo-calls are staged at Cwmbran Centre as part of the centre’s managed relationship with the media.
An up-to-date Public Liability Insurance form to the value of at least £5 million will be required by anyone wishing to photograph within the centre, either during working hours or after the centre closes. A photography application form will need to submitted 7 days before the requested date.
All students wishing to film within Cwmbran Centre as part of any research or course projects will need to complete a student filming application form in advance.
This should be submitted at least 10 working days before the filming request start date. You will also need a copy of your University’s or college’s Public Liability Insurance, a completed method statement and risk assessment forms. Please refer to the filming checklist under the filming enquiries section.
Student visits: If your school/college or University is planning a trip to Cwmbran Centre and the numbers within your group are expected to exceed 25, prior notice of your visit and its purpose is essential. Please email the details to the marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, in some cases the marketing team may ask to see copies of the photographs taken within the centre and may seek permission to use for Cwmbran Centre's own publicity needs. Please state whether a photographer’s name will need to be credited for any such future use.