News — Find out more about Cane and Able
Summer of Independents
This summer we’re taking a closer look at some of the independently run small businesses in Cwmbran Centre.
Cane and Able are an independent gift shop established in 1987, selling a wide range of quality gifts.
We sat down with Meryl to have a chat:
- How long have you worked at Cane and Able in Cwmbran? 33 Years
- What are 3 words to describe Cane and Able? Smells nice, friendly and unusual gifts.
- What is the favourite part about working for Cane and Able? The staff
- What did you miss most during lockdown? Our customers to chat to
- What are you most excited about now lockdown has been relaxed? That there are still people who want to shop in a brick and mortar shop!
- Do you have a favourite quote? Always follow your dream, you don’t know where it might lead you
- People would be surprised if they knew… I once had my arms around Aljaž from Strictly Come Dancing!
- What is on your bucket list? To visit my brother in Australia who I haven’t seen in 20 years
Here’s a look at some of the unique gifts you can find in Cane and Able: