News — Focus on: Taylor Made Alterations
Winter of Independents
We continue to celebrate the independently run businesses of Cwmbran Centre with a focus on Taylor Made Alterations.
Not only can Taylor Made Alterations alter and re-purpose all types of clothing, they also delight in offering wonderful personalised gift items, particularly in demand at this time of year, with personalised Christmas stockings and sacks.
We had a chat with Kerry and Pat to find out more:
- How long have you worked at Taylor Made Alterations? The business was started in Market Village Cwmbran 16 years ago and we moved to the Upper Parade back in November 2019.
- What are 3 words to describe what it’s like to work at Taylor Made Alterations? We don’t need 3 words, we only need 1…. Fa-bu-lous!
- What is the favourite part about working at Taylor Made Alterations? Our favourite part for working here is that there is always something to do. We love working on new ideas, being creative and creating beautiful personalised gifts. We love seeing all the different types of clothing that come in, some have such a story behind them! We love re-purposing items so that they can be worn again. You never know what the day will bring!
- Please give us an insight into what your store sells/does Taylor Made Alterations can help with repairs on curtains, leather work, men’s suits, wedding gowns, prom gowns and MORE, they also offer personalised embroidery and gifts!
- Do you have a favourite product line or service? We absolutely love embroidery, we design everything ourselves and love creating something new. We also have a great range of personalised Christmas stockings and gifts, why not come and take a look?
- What is your favourite treat and why? When we have a tea break we always go for an M&S cake, you always have to make time for cake! We were so pleased when M&S opened in WHSmith.
- People would be surprised if they knew… We are a mother and daughter business!
- What do you love about Cwmbran Centre? We love that it is all undercover, and has free parking! It is safe, there is always a member of security or the Cwmbran team on the Centre who are friendly and always willing to help. There are also hardly any empty shops with a great mix of national and independent.